Whether you are planning for a wedding, a school dance, a semi-forma, a Prom, a Corporate Event, Bar / Bat Mitzvah or any other event, a Toronto Photo Booth Service can be considered a key component to keep your guests entertained thought out the event!
If you are in the market for a photo booth rental in Toronto, then there are many options available and it is important to ensure you make the selection to best suite your requirements.
Here are some important considerations for your photo booth rental in Toronto:
1. Toronto Photo Booth Pricing:
- Prices Range: There are thousands of photo booth rental companies in Toronto & the GTA area offering services for weddings, school events, corporate parties and other events. The prices ranges for renting a photo booth can vary from $200 – $2000. An average Photo Booth rental in Toronto would range from $600 – $1000 for approximately 3-4hrs of service. The pricing also depends on what is includes as part of the packege
- Too Good to be true!: At the lower end including some Grupon offers will promise quality. However, if the offer is too good to be true then it might be! Think twice and do some research before you sign up!
- Whats included: The photo booth pricing in the GTA also depends on what is included. Mostly the pricing changes based on duration. However, there are some companies that offer #hastagprinting, social kiosks, additional prints etc., that will drive the price point up. There are also some photographers who offer photo booth services which may not be real photo booths but just a camera on a tripod. These services may not offer instant printing which may be a disappointment for guests! If there is no printing the photo booth pricing may be at the lower end
- Bundled Offers: If the photo booth service if offered by your photographer or the Toronto DJ company; there might be a bundle offer. Companies like Kooltempo Toronto Wedding DJ Service offers provides bundle offers with Koolpicx Toronto Photo Booth Rental where you are offered a discount on the services
2. Photo Booth Equipment:
The quality and the service of the photo booth services are mainly dependent on the equipment that is used. If you are considering to rent a photo booth in Toronto or the GTA area, we suggest you do some research on the type of equipment that the photo booth uses
- Camera: Most photo booths nowadays use DSLR cameras. if the photo booth you are renting is using a web cam or any other low resolution camera then it would be a big red flag!
- Lighting: Lighting is a very important part of the photobooth. The quality of the photos will have a huge impact on the quality of the lighting the photo booth uses. Usually as a general rule of thumb, an external flash or studio strobe will provide better quality
- Printer: This is one of the most expensive parts of the photo booth. Therefore, most companies may opt for the cheaper options rather than the best for the clients. The lower end photo booth companies sometimes use the canon prints that are suitable for home use! The higher end photo booth companies like Koolpicx Toronto Photo Booth rental service uses DNP Dye-sub professional prints. There printer would provide superior quality and the prints will be processes within 10-12 seconds. Always ask your photo booth company on the printer model number and do some research. Google will be the best option!
- Props: Check if the photo booth company provides photo booth props as part of the standard package. Check if there is a deposit involved and also make sure there is no extra chargers
3. Photo Quality:
Photo quality both in print and digital copy is very important. In most cases if the right equipment is used and they are properly calibrated, the quality will be great
- Photo Size: Most photo booth companies in Toronto offer two print sizes. (2 by 4 or 4 x 6). The print size if completely a personal preference. If you are selecting the 2 x 6 option; then make sure that the photo booth company as a printer that supports this side with the auto cut feature
- Available artwork and flexibility to customize based on your vision: Customizing your photo print artwork would enable you to match the prints to the overall theme. Check with the photo booth company what templates are available and if they have a option to do custom artwork. Companies like Koolpicx Toronto Photo Booth rental services offers 100% customization on the photo booth artwork!
- Printer Type: Check the printer type. Make sure the photo booth company that you are hiring has a Dye-Sub printer with gloss or mat finish[dt_gap height=”10″ /]
4. Extra Chargers for the Toronto Photo Booth Services:
Doing research and asking the right questions and also making sure the contract terms of the photo booth rental will enable you to avoid any last minute surprises!
- What’s included in the pricing: Make sure the basics are included as part of the photo booth package. Theses basics are;
- Set-up and take down
- Photo Booth itself (camera, printer, lighting, touch screen display)
- Prints (preferably unlimited)
- Photo Booth Host
- Travel chargers: Check if there are any travel or parking chargers. Make sure the details are clearly listed in the contract. if the company is from Toronto then there should not be travel chargers
- Idle Time chargers: Make sure you have a clear idea of the event time line and when you require the photo booth to be available. Most people do not consider the idle time for which many companies have extra chargers. Approximate cost for idle time charged by Toronto Photo Booth companies range from $50 to $150
- Online access for guest and any chargers involved: Check the about online access for digital copies of the prints and make sure that there are no extra chargers for guests
5. Open or Closed Concept Photo Booth:
Open and closed concept photo booths are offered by most photo booth companies in Toronto. Whilst open concept photo booth have many advantages; the decision for a open or a closed booth will be based on your personal preference
- Open Concept: Typically used for red carpet events and to accommodate large groups. Companies like Koolpicx Toronto Photo Booth rentals offer Toronto Open concept photo booths
- Closed concept: This is the typical type of photo booth you see at malls. Usually accommodates 2-3 people and is an enclosed booth
– Hybrid: Some companies in Toronto offers a hybrid photo booth where they used a open concept photo booth with a enclosing
6. Service. Service. Service!
You need to consider service a on of the most important factors when selecting your vendor team. Some of the important considerations that determines the service quality of the photo booth services in Toronto are;
- Response to your inquiry: How long they take to respond to you inquiry! Longer they take to respond the worse the subsequent service will be!
- Availability of pricing: Most photo booth services in Toronto do not publish their Photo Booth pricing on their website. As a general rule; the companies that publish their pricing are more easy to deal with for most clients
- Service level & quality: Check if the photo booth company that you are considering has any service levels
- Pre-event consultation: A pre-event consultation to review logistics, artwork and other details is key to making sure you have a smooth event
- Artwork Proof: Make sure the company will provide the Toronto photo booth print artwork for your approval. Don’t let them decide on your behalf!
7. Extra Add-On’s:
This is usually a nice to have. Check and see;
- What extra add-ons are available: for example projectors, social kiosks etc.,
- cost for extra add-ons: Requesting a price list for the ad-ons will avoid any last minute surprises
8. Online Access:
Having a digital copies of the photos taken is very important. Check if the Toronto photo booth company you are selecting has online access for the host as well as for guests.
Check for the following important facts about online photo booth gallery!
- Availability: Is there a Gallery. Is it secure and password protected to ensure your privacy!
- Quality of photos: Are high resolution photos available in the photo booth companies on-line gallery?
- Are there any Restrictions or company branding, watermarks
- Guest access support: Is there sufficient support offered and instructions for guest access?
9. References & reviews:
Its is always very important to check reverences and Photo Booth Reviews of the service your are selecting. Check both the positive and negative reviews of past clients and see what they have to say about the service
10: Contract Terms:
Firstly check if there is a contract. Before you commit and make a payment, read the contract terms related to the following;
- Payments: When should you make the payments and the payment structure
- Clear terms: Are the terms clear. If you have any doubts; check with the company and clarify
- Money Back guarantee: Do they offer a money back guarantee? Companies like Koolpicx Toronto Photo Booth Offers a money back guarantee so that you are assured of the services they provide!